FISHING EQUIPMENT PROGRAM SUMMARY
Fish Florida is a non-profit organization that provides support to groups teaching people, especially children, about Florida fish, aquatic habitats and resource stewardship. The education is accomplished with displays, classes, seminars, presentations, clinics and other means designed to teach and promote responsible angling.
Fish Florida’s Fishing Equipment Donation Program assists organizations who teach fishing and conservation in Florida. It is a REQUIREMENT that your program provide angling instruction to the participants. We prioritize programs by the following:
- at least 30 minutes of fishing education
- fishing during the program/event
- quality of the education program
- hands-on learning stations (ex. casting, knot tying)
- benefit to children and inexperienced anglers
- opportunity offered to underprivileged user groups
- previous experience of your organization
- community support
- financial need
- number of participants
If your program is approved, you will receive one rod and reel per participant, up to 400, as long as we have that equipment in inventory. Our fishing equipment supplies are limited. If you will have over 400 participants or we are unable to give you the full number of rods and reels needed, we can provide sources for purchasing additional fishing equipment.
For an example of a kids’ fishing clinic with learning stations, timelines and other useful details, read the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s Kids’ Fishing Clinic protocol at http://myfwc.com/media/149246/KFC_Protocol.pdf.
Contact Fish Florida if you are uncertain whether your event qualifies, if you have questions about the program or if you have problems completing the application form. After receiving your application, we will review it for completeness, the Fish Florida Board of Directors will vote on it and we will notify you as outlined below.
- A minimum of 30 minutes of fishing education must be part of your event
- Fishing equipment may not be used as prizes/awards
- Submit one letter of recommendation/reference
- Email your completed application to the address below
- Fishing equipment will only be shipped to a business address
- Promote Fish Florida at your event (include Fish Florida’s logo on websites, press releases and brochures, display banner, distribute postcards)
- Submit a post-event report with photos after your event
Fish Florida’s programs (grants, fishing equipment donations and scholarships) are possible because of the Fish Florida specialty license plate and community donations. The license plate is for sale at Florida tag agencies. Ask your community to support Fish Florida by purchasing the Fish Florida license plate and by making tax-deductible donations.
FLORIDA FOUNDATION FOR RESPONSIBLE ANGLING (dba FISH FLORIDA) REGISTRATION # CH12595
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”